Saturday, February 21, 2015

Something Different

At this moment in time, I am unsure whether I will see Godsmack in Moline, IL, on Tuesday, May 16, 2015. If I had to put percentages on it, I'd go with 40% likely / 60% unlikely. If I were to go, it wouldn't be the first tune I've seen them. I have seen them live:
  1. in Moline in 2004 as an opening act for Metallica
  2. in Moline in 2006 as a headliner with Breaking Benjamin and Hour Cast
  3. in Memphis at Memphis in May 2007 as a headliner on Saturday night
Of course, Alex really wants to go. The opening bands - Papa Roach & In This Moment - are bands I've seen live as well. For Papa Roach:
  1. in Memphis at Memphis in May 2004
  2. in Cedar Rapids in 2013 with Shine Down, Skillet, In This Moment, and We As Human
For newcomer In This Moment, it would be the second time seeing them.

My two all-time favorite Godsmack songs are "Something Different" and "ReAlign" live. I'm fairly confident they will play "Something Different" because it is a new song from their most recent release, "1000 HP", and it has already been included in their most recent setlist, per setlist.fm. However, the news is not as good for "ReAlign" which seems to have fallen out of the rotation, also per setlist.fm.





Here's "Something Different" live:


Here's "ReAlign" live:

No comments: