Monday, February 16, 2015

Sixty-Four Percent & Where's the W

When I backed out the van from the garage this morning, Karen and I saw what looked like oil on the garage floor. I got to work at an amazingly early and awesome 6:30 AM and then, closer to 7:30 AM, I took the van over to Brian at North Dodge Tire. While I waited a few moments before riding back to work, I saw, on the front page of the Iowa City Press Citizen, only 64% of current season ticket football fans plan to renew and get season tickets for the the 2015-16 season. The article continued to entice current ticket holders to renew their season ticket order or become a new season ticket customer by Friday, Mar. 13 because, if they do, the price doesn't go up. Like last year, the price of a season ticket for me would cost $395 for the 2015 season. To entice fans to renew, there is this new incentive: $70 to spend at the concessions stands and 30 percent savings on a single pre-season visit to Herky's Locker Room, which is the official team store of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Here's the 2015 season: http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/iowa-m-footbl-sched.html. Of course, I'm not going to pay $790 for two season tickets. That's crazy!

Meanwhile, on the basketball court in Evanston, IL, the Northwestern Wildcats defeated the men's basketball team in overtime to snag their first team victory in 2015. Pathetic. I hope the team finds the ability to win their remaining games. One statistic that the newspaper pointed out was that Northwestern wasn't called for a foul in the last 15ish minutes of the game. Wow. That's pretty clean living!

No comments: