Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Anniversary

Work is still consuming a lot of my time - I'm only writing now because Karen is at an appointment for a couple of hours. For the first hour of her being gone, I am kicking off a backup of my music files - still trying to find the right combination of DOS batch xcopy commands to do this efficiently - and other miscellaneous PC stuff. I would like to say I've spent time on the audit of my music files or that I've spent time on the conversion of my cassettes to MP3 or even home videos to digital or snapshots in photo albums to JPGs, but, sadly, no. For the second hour of her being gone, I plan to play the Yamaha electronic set since I haven't been practicing as much as I would like.

That said, very briefly, Hillary Clinton is now running for president. It's going to be a long and slow grind between now and November 2016. There will be countless theories about the direction our country should head, who is best equipped to lead it, and what should be done about pressing issues we face including, but certainly not limited to, the national debt, social programs, Iran, ISIS, and just why on earth did Hillary blame the Benghzi attack on a video?

Also, on a totally different topic, it was 15 years ago yesterday when Metallica's Lars Ulrich filed a lawsuit against Napster - http://www.inquisitr.com/2003568/napster-15-years-later-metallica-was-right/ - and, I suppose, the argument could be made that Lars was right.


No comments: