Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Music Event for Three Different Times

Past:
It seems odd that 7 years have already passed since Five Finger Death Punch released "The Way of the Fist." As described in this article, I was initially hooked by "The Bleeding" when it was played on Rock 108. It mesmerized my ears. I was attracted to the anger in vocalist Ivan Moody's voice and the lyrics. The guitar riffs were interesting and the drumming was excellent. Then "Never Enough" was released as a single, followed by "Stranger than Fiction." Eventually, I heard the entire release and from the first time I heard "Ashes" - the opening track - and its thunderous double bass drumming, I knew I was listening to a band that I would really like. I saw them in concert for the first time in 2012 in Waterloo and now, in 2015, I will be taking Alex, Austin, and, perhaps, a third person to see them in Cedar Rapids on Friday, October 3.

Present:
Today, Metallica is in Chicago. It should come as no surprise when I state they are my favorite band of all time. Their concert is going to be streamed online, beginning at 8:15 (per the schedule below) so, if it is at all possible, I will be glued to watching it.
Future:
Per the setlist site I normally check, when Shinedown played a concert last night, they played the songs listed below. I will see Shinedown, with Alex, on Friday, August 7, 2015.

No comments: