Sunday, August 9, 2015

Not Like This Part II

My previous post explained what I wanted to be doing and some of what I actually have done. This purpose of this post is to provide further details regarding what I have spent my time doing.

As I said, Alex and I went to the Shinedown concert on Friday night. There was a pleasant surprise when I saw the following note on the door to the Adler Theater:
I didn't know Otherwise was going to be opening for Shinedown until I saw that note. Otherwise (the band) is the band that sings "I Don't Apologize" - one of the songs I really wanted Lou's Classic Ride to attempt to play after seeing the following video:



For what it's worth, LCR never attempted the song, though I still can hear Joe nailing the vocals.




As far as Shinedown, I have seen them multiple times.
  1. 2004 - Memphis in May
  2. 2008 - Moline, IL
  3. 2013 (February) - Moline, IL  
  4. 2013 (August) - Cedar Rapids
  5. 2015 - Davenport, IA
On Friday, I was reminded of how much I enjoy watching Barry Kerch slay his drums. This video is from 2013, but it's a good representation of his showmanship.



No comments: