Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Pictures of My Work Environment



When I came in to the building, the lights turned on. After taking off my coat at my cubicle and turning on my laptop, I went for my morning walk. My morning walk consists of walking up a flight of stairs, walking 2 laps, walking up a flight of stairs, walking 2 laps, walking up a flight of stairs, and walking 2 laps. During the time I was on my morning walk, the lights on the level of the building where I have my cubicle turned off. The lights are controlled by motion sensors. This is the view I saw from the stairs.

The top picture is to the left, the middle picture is to the right, and the bottom picture is to the left. I sit on the left side of the building. If you look closely, you will see light in one of the cubicle rows - that's me. As you can also see, there are windows near me. It's one of the nicest building I've ever worked in. I've worked in mostly flat buildings:
  1. Network Data Processing 2/10/95 - 2/10/98 - 3 floors (including basement)
  2. Jordan Systems - 2/11/98 - 9/30/98 - flat
  3. Quintrex Data Systems - 10/1/98 - 10/15/2010 - flat
  4. Unnamed Hellhole in southern Iowa - 10/18/2010 - 4/13/2011 - 2 floors
  5. Pearson - 5/31/2011 - 1/26/2016 - flat, more or less, but there was an incline to get from one part of the building to the other
  6. U of I - 3/28/16 - until I retire! - 4 floors


 Google Photos created the following for me:

All that said, I now return to my task of being the department's only technical writer. I am going to work on my disaster recovery documentation in RoboHelp for a while before I turn my attention to some sweet MS Word macros, which I'll describe in a future post.

During my walk today, I spotted the following, which I thought were funny enough to include in this post:

No comments: