Friday, February 23, 2018

Preparing for Sunday Part II

No, you didn't miss "Part I" - the barrage of "The Walking Dead" videos basically constitute "Part I." One of the other two events on Sunday is the WWE PPV -
here's a preview article with predictions. Personally, if I could choose, I would choose Elias or Finn Balor to win the 7 man main event. I don't want Roman Reigns to win. More than once, "experts" predict Roman Reigns will win by last eliminating Seth Rollins. I hope they are wrong. Rollins & Reigns need to remain 2/3rds of the Shield stable until Dean Ambrose returns from his injury... although, if WWE sets up Rollins feuding with Reigns, when Ambrose returns, both Rollins & Reigns could try to sway Ambrose to join their side, which would be interesting (to me). Overall, the problem I have with Roman Reigns as the one in the Wrestlemania Main Event is that - sigh - neither Brock Lesnar nor Reigns are good on the mic. Paul Heyman speaks for Brock Lesnar and while I really do like a Paul Heyman promo, it makes me feel less connected to Lesnar. The way Lesnar is presented, as a silent giant, is not engaging to me. Reigns showed that he has promise on the mic during his feud with John Cena, but clearly, John Cena won that mic battle. I can fathom John Cena even winning IF they are going to ensure he is on Monday Night Raw week after week. Lesnar didn't even show up on the Monday Night Raw leading up to Monday's PPV - it's like he is not part of the equation, which is not true. The winner of Sunday's match faces Lesnar. At the VERY least, Lesnar should have sat on a chair on the stage and then ran down and attacked the winner of the match, to weaken him for Sunday.

Why am I not a WWE Creative writer?!?

Editor's Note: Because you do not want to travel around the country... duh! Here is a pre-PPV article - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2761452-grading-hype-level-for-each-announced-match-on-wwe-elimination-chamber-2018-card and a post-PPV article - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2761416-wwe-elimination-chamber-2018-results-winners-grades-reaction-and-highlights - for your Monday AM.


No comments: