Wednesday, February 7, 2018

How Awesome to Do TWing for this Company?!?

Any reader of this blog knows my passion for conversions from file format A to file format B is a major driving factor in my work as a technical writer. At pretty much every company I have worked at, I've found myself in some sort of 'we need to convert from file format A to file format B" situation. Some were enormous undertakings while others were smaller projects. This company - http://www.legacyconverters.com/ - specializes in converting code from one legacy programming language to another. I saw no mention of whether they then provide updated documentation / online Help for that converted system, but wow! I can envision how doing that type of work would be very beneficial to their company. If one of these systems to be converted had help text that was attached to each screen in the software so that the user could press F1 or click a Help button to access help text, I would want the job of ensuring that would work in the converted version. Plus, if the user guide had all of the system's tasks documented, I would love to go through each of those tasks, marking up the existing content, so that their updated documentation would be delivered at the same time. All I would need would be the legacy system's documentation source code (and whatever tool they had been using) so I could then zip up the new version of their tested and updated documentation.

Talk about an awesome jobs that I won't apply for!

No comments: