Friday, October 26, 2018

Backblaze Status as of today @ 6:28

By my simple math, 24.66325911764779 % of my files have been backed up. I would say that's terrible to have had the software for nearly a year and to only be 24.66325911764779 % done, but I've had a couple of false starts along the way. I purchased a different laptop when I was having the issues with the config file and, as you may recall, was told it was because I was using a 32-bit OS instead of a 64-bit OS. I have been dwelling about how to ensure I am using BackBlaze to its full potential. I currently have so many drives:

B - 4TB
D - 4TB
E - 8TB
G - 4TB
I - 4TB
J - 4TB
T - 8TB
U - 2TB
V - 1TB
Y - 4TB
   43TB

And the above does not include these drives:

M - MyCloud
N - MyCloud
Z - Alex's backup

It feels like I am being silly and foolish to be able to list out that I have 43TB of storage and not feel like I have a single set of data that can be backed up. I have so many copies of so many files, it makes me almost nauseous to think about it.

The worst part? I don't have a plan to create that single set of data and to then incorporate new files into the single set of data. When I write "single set of data," I mean I have MP3s, JPGs, PDFs, DOCs, BMPs, PNGs, XLSs, ZIPS, WAVs, WMAs, 3GPs, and HTMLs scattered throughout that 43TB and have no clue if the MP3s on drive E are a backup or the collection of files I should be making changes to. It's such a mess. I really need to wrap my head around it and sooner than later as I have been working on all of this for ~2.5 years. It's lunacy!

No comments: