Monday, October 22, 2018

My Thoughts

In addition to being Alex's 20th birthday, readers of this blog know I was laid off from Pearson on Tuesday, January 26, 2016. Today, on the 1000 day anniversary of being laid off, I want to go back in time to when I noted the changes I point out below and how they made me cringe. Even after 1000 days of not being involved, I'm betting these issues make me cringe as a technical writer.


The way text that is only within a drop-down and how the Confluence search works likely still bothers me. I know I wrote about this previously, but it is important enough (to me) to reiterate.
  1. If you search for the word "exceptions" in the global search for the Confluence site, it is found, as shown below:
  2. If you click the search result and then search for the word on the page, it is not found.
  3. In order to find the word, you have to expand the drop-down. I disagree with making the user have to figure out where the text is located. In the mindframe of a user, I would think the global search for the Confluence site is broken.

Editor's Note: When this post was created, it was 3/23/2017, and today, 10/22/2018, is the 1000 day anniversary of that horrible day. Updates had been made to https://support.assessment.pearson.com/x/dRFgAQ - and it was worth it to point out what is pointed out above.

No comments: