Friday, November 15, 2019

M at APR

This is not going to be a topic I write about "every day" - it's merely a coincidence that Maria at Adrenaline Public Relations sent out a press release today.

Before I continue, I should state for the record that I have been receiving press releases from Maria at Adrenaline Public Relations for many years. Early in my days of writing CD reviews, she would send me promo CDs to review. While I think her writing strategy is something that she has used, unwavering since I began reading press releases from Adrenaline, I am attempting to point out why I agree with the writing strategy as well as to document my feelings within a blog post.

In the following screenshot, you can see that Maria's strategy was to include a lot of text and keep links isolated to a single place (towards the end) of the email. I think that was because there isn't anything that has been released from the band - this is a preemptive effort to generate interest in a band's upcoming release.

What's remarkable is that there is a long list clients at the bottom. The following list are the bands that have been clients:
  1. American Idol winner Lee DeWyze
  2. All That Remains
  3. Anthrax
  4. As I Lay Dying
  5. Atreyu
  6. Dethklok/Brendon Small's Galaktikon
  7. DevilDriver
  8. Drowning Pool
  9. Down
  10. Europe
  11. Every Time I Die
  12. Five Finger Death Punch
  13. GWAR
  14. Hank3
  15. Harley Flanagan
  16. Hatebreed
  17. John 5
  18. KMFDM
  19. Lamb of God
  20. Mac Sabbath
  21. Machine Head
  22. Motorhead
  23. Mudvayne
  24. Norma Jean
  25. Otep
  26. Pentakill
  27. Peter Murphy
  28. Sevendust
  29. Suicidal Tendencies
  30. Superjoint Ritual
  31. Tech N9ne
  32. Testament
  33. The Aristocrats
  34. Twiztid
  35. Uli Jon Roth

No comments: