Tuesday, November 5, 2019

TWD Recap

This is an interesting article - That Was The Walking Dead’s First Bad Episode In A While - but I'm not sure I agree. I think the episode kept cadence with the different story lines happening. The story Daryl told Connie was a good one as I had kind of forgotten about Merle. It's kind of funny how some characters who are absent from the TV show either because of being dead or presumed dead are routinely mentioned - Abraham and Glenn haven't received name drops in recent memory - while Rick and Maggie, who I would argue are just as important as Abraham and Glenn, do get more frequent name drops. Granted, there are characters who did share screen time with those four but, for the ones that do... I don't know if I want name drops of off-screen characters every episode, but I also don't want name drops to only happen when it is relevant to advancing a story - in the case of Daryl's story about Merle, it was to establish that Connie and Daryl are attracted to each other.

No comments: