Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Motley Zeppelin? Led Crue? Uh... NO!

I realize that Nikki Sixx is trying to sell his book but, really? Vince Neil was an absolutely awful vocalist each time I was at a Motley Crue concert. Two of the three concerts stand out. At the 8/9/1987 show, with Whitesnake opening, I was pissed because Tommy Lee didn't do his twirly drum solo. Without a doubt, this lineup should have been the other way around with MC opening for Whitesnake as Whitesnake was riding the success wave of their self-titled release. As for Vince Neil, no, he was awful. I have the concert on a cassette tape that I recently converted to MP3. After 12483 days (34 years, 2 months, 3 days), when I listen to that recording, I shake my head in disbelief. It's awful.

At the 10/10/1997 show, with Cheap Trick opening, the volume was obnoxiously loud. On top of that, Vince Neil sounded awful.  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/motley-crue/1997/five-seasons-center-cedar-rapids-ia-13db6df1.html

 So, to be clear, no, Vince Neil is not in the same as Robert Plant.

 

No comments: