Thursday, October 7, 2021

No Time to Watch

Regarding Daniel Craig's final appearance in a James Bond movie - the upcoming "No Time to Die - I admit that I have been a casual fan of the James Bond franchise for decades, but it wasn't always like that. 

I grew up in the era of "Octupussy" and the other Roger Moore movies and attended the ones I can recall with my friend JR. Then, a funny thing happened. I got married and became a father. Actors Timothy Dalton and Pierce Bronson took their respective turns as 007. In fact, I'm not even sure if Dalton or Bronson came first, chronologically. It has literally been decades since I feel enticed to see a James Bond movie in the theater. I feel guilty that neither of my kids know who James Bond is.

I have watched at least 2 of Daniel Craig's other movies in this role, but they were on TV, not in the movie theater. Had I not read this article about his tenure as 007 - Goodbye, Mr. Bond: An Appreciation of Daniel Craig’s Franchise-Altering Reign - I might not have even thought about the end of his tenure.  That's why it seems fitting that I plan to return to a movie theater to view Daniel Craig's final movie as 007.

No comments: