Friday, October 29, 2021

With Fondness, I Remember the NoD

I lived through this period of WWE, when the Nation of Domination was one of the main stables on Monday nights, and I think it was some of the best pro wrestling I've seen. When I think about the core NoD members, these are my initial impressions of each member: 

  • Farooq - very straight-forward and no nonsense leader
  • D'Lo Brown - I am a sucker for wrestlers jumping from the ring post and doing a flip in the air before crashing on an opponent 
  • The Godfather - he was known as Mufassa (sic) and was just a big bruiser so that's a "no" on that
  • Mark Henry - what a strong man and so iconic but no, not a technical wrestler 
  • The Rock - I could write a lot about how The Rock became a strong personality during this era, but I'll just say, simply, no opinion
Read the article here: Nation of Domination at 25: Faction That Launched the Rock Stands Test of Time

No comments: