Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's Done...

I purchased my Bayside tickets for Dave (my former neighbor), Megan, and I. I cannot wait for the next 5 weeks (36 days!) to blister past me. The concert is something I am really looking forward to in my life. There are, of course, lots of things that are more important, but the idea of seeing this band in concert in an intimate club (Gabe's Oasis) is really exciting to me. Next to Metallica, Bayside is right up there. In fact, if I were to be stranded on a desert island, I would want Bayside releases with me. I would want Count the Stars and probably, maybe, the Twits (need to review their release for DV soon) with me. I'd also like Ten Foot Pole.

Actually, I wouldn't want any CDs. I would want my 1 TB external hard drive with 42527 songs on it!!

Today should be a good day except for my eye doctor appointment. My eyes water during a Visine commercial. I haven't been able to get drops in my eyes. Okay, my eyes, literally, are watering now. Enough. Alex has to mow tonight and, frankly, our grass needs to be mowed again too. We have a new lawn dude and the fertilizer he put on has really thickened up our grass. There's a noticeable difference between those that have the new lawn dude and those that don't.

I like my job. It's 3 weeks to my starting day (the Tuesday after Memorial Day) but my actual anniversary day is 5/31/2012, which is a Thursday. Do I miss my former employer? No, not really. Would I love to do some contract work just because I know the online Help system I created and maintained for 12 years hasn't been touched in over a year and the thoughts of my work flushing down the drain along with whatever credibility there was with Customer Support saying "Let's look at the online Help to see if there's an answer" is going with it. After a year of the help not being updated, I cannot begin to imagine the amount of fun I would have digging through the changes to the system. There must be 100s of changes. Literally. There was about a 17:1 developer to me ratio when I was there. I've heard rumblings that the company is moving to a new location. That must be exciting. The bottomline is that I enjoyed my 12 years there. I learned so much. I worked with really good people that have a vested interest in their job - not that that doesn't exist where I am now - and that passion... I loved it. At the same time, my opportunities where I am at are too fantastic to refuse.

No comments: