Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sometimes, I Pause

First of all, this is one of the coolest drumming things I've seen in a while:


Teodor in the studio

Project Arcadia | Myspace Music Videos


There once was a time when I was more concerned about last year than about next year. I thought that dwelling upon my past meant that I would not repeat it. Time has shown me, though, that is not the case. By focusing on where I had been, I merely dwelled upon the mistakes. What I wanted to really do, though, was look forward. And I try to do that. Really. But, after rereading what I wrote yesterday, maybe I could do a better job of focusing on my future.

My future does seem pretty bright. Aside from Bayside in 5 short weeks and the drum clinic on 5/17, the camping season is nearly upon us. Weather permitting, we will pick up the camper on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, probably load it up on Memorial Day itself, and then go on the Sigwarth campout two weeks later. Once summer hits, this blog will take a hit as there is not Internet access in our campsite. You have to go to the office, which isn't worth it, or downtown Elkader, which isn't worth it. It's kind of nice, in a way, to be offline. Since I will be wearing a pedometer with a goal of 10000 steps a day, I anticipate walking from the camper to downtown and back multiple times over the summer.

But I have to dwell for a moment on customer service. Sometimes, I think businesses are really stupid. First, in early April, I went to a store. I asked if they had a product and they said no, but they could order it. A couple of weeks went by and I heard nothing. I called and asked if they had gotten the product in. No, they did not. They had, basically, forgotten me. I went in the following Monday and they said that they had ordered the product. That was 2-3 weeks ago. I have heard nothing. The product I want to buy is over $100. Do they not want my business? I can easily walk into another establishment. I do not need to purchase them from the first business.

Another example. A different business messed up and sent a package to the wrong place. I called and asked what they were going to do about it. I was told the owner would talk to her business partner and get back to me. It's been over a week.

People have to take care of their customers. These two businesses are not getting my future business. Their products/services are not unique.

No comments: