Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Finished!

I probably will look back on this moment in time and question why I didn't rip all of Margaret's CDs. I got to the last 19 and was pretty much burned out. At least a couple of them had issues as far as being able to be ripped and I didn't go downstairs, at that point, to try the Elkader PC to see if I could have more success. Ultimately, I put the CD-Rs in the soft case that holds her collection and called it done. In all, I think I gained at least 300 albums from this side project, which puts me behind my schedule of the reconversion.

I did write a DOS batch file to get the totals for the music_shell folder on the My Cloud drive and that number is 42, 211. I need to decide how to get my collection onto an external hard drive, which I need to purchase, in order to be able to bring it in to work with me. As of right now, I only have Uncle Rico rehearsals, Bayside's "Cult" release, and a few others to listen to at work. Ironically, I didn't even put my headphones on yesterday at work. Maybe the days of sitting, listening, and writing at work are over, though I can't say one day of not listening to music is a trend.

As I look ahead to the month of May, I can't help but chuckle. As Alex's final Babe Ruth baseball season gets into motion, I don't know if it's realistic to think I will be able to get back on track with the reconversion schedule.
  • Tuesday - Alex plays in Washington, Iowa. 
  • Wednesday night, there was a scheduled Uncle Rico rehearsal, but it's been cancelled - Greg can't make it.
  • Thursday, Alex has a baseball game. 
  • Friday, I think we are taking Megan's bike up to Northtowne Schwinn in Cedar Rapids to have it looked at. 
  • Saturday, Alex has a doubleheader in Riverside and I'm hoping we are done in time to go to 5:30 Mass in Riverside. 
  • Sunday - I don't have anything on the calendar, but I'm sure something will present itself to us.
Not complaining about the reality of life in 2014.

No comments: