Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Other Side of the Equation - Just to for Balance

I have a Ludwig Vistalite drum set. It has a 24" bass drum, a 13" mounted tom, and two 16" floor toms. I've often fantasized about how it would be so excellent to have a huge double bass drum set. I know that in my current band, Uncle Rico, as well as in the previous bands I've ever played in, including Lou's Classic Ride, Corporate Prisoner, and Old Stew, that I have no justification whatsoever for a huge double bass drum set - I would never use it outside of my basement. Still, it doesn't stop me from thinking about the picture in this post and what an awesome set of drums it would be to have.
Editor's Note: The picture that was here is no longer available.
In other news, I have 36,629 files in the Daughter drive on the MyCloud drive, which includes 1544 files in the ___Margaret directory, which is where I'm putting all of the files from the CDs of hers that I rip. I have her permission to reorder the CDs in her two CD holders to be in alphabetical order so I am using the power of Windows Explorer to show me the correct order. I also have three tops to three spindles set up to separate the CDs into 3 groups. Bands A-H go in one, I-P in another, and Q-Z in a third. That will help me with the alphabetizing of the CDs. I chuckled a bit when I thought about how many times I worked with Mrs. Bacon, my 4th grade teacher, on alphabetizing and using key words in the dictionary. It was a skill I struggled to learn but I now use it anytime I am doing a project, like Margaret's, and it just makes me recall how frustrating it was to be struggling with something but to then, years later, to see the value in that struggle. I haven't yet figured out how the time I spend ripping Margaret's 300 CDs are going to throw off my reconversion schedule goal date of 12/1/2014. Looking at the schedule, I think after September, the schedule was somewhat softer. I should be working on Spindle #21, but that's on hold while the Elkader PC and the Toshiba work on Margaret's CDs.

No comments: