Monday, April 21, 2014

Taking a Chance

Our neighbors, Ron and Margaret Rainey, and their kids, Wade, Sally, and Mary, are moving. Ron took a job at Dartmouth as their soccer coach. They have been our neighbors for about 8 years.

Margaret and I have always gotten along well. A few years back, I borrowed her CDs and ripped a bunch of them. However, because I never really could fathom that they would move, I didn't rip all of them. Now that they are moving, I began the project of ripping her 300 CDs. I have made some good progress and I hope to be done in the next few days. It's going to throw off the schedule for the reconversion, though, and that's taking a chance that I will miss my self-imposed December 1, 2014, deadline for ripping all of my CDs. It was already at risk when I bought the CDs in Indy, during NCYC, and now, with Margaret's 300 CDs being added to the timeline, it's going to be interesting.

Once May begins, our lives will become insanely busy and, frankly, it won't slow down until .... hell, it may never slow down. I won't go into the details, but with Alex's Babe Ruth baseball schedule, and Megan's upcoming activities, which include her involvement with the West High production of "Annie", prom, a day in Des Moines for IAMB, and then the Europe trip, I will be very busy. I'm not complaining - it's just going to be very busy.

No comments: