Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Big 1022

Thursday is my son's 17th birthday. Conveniently, he has forgotten that his birthday present was for me to take him & his friend Austin to the 5FDP / Papa Roach / In This Moment / From Ashes to New concert on 10/2, because now his Grand Plan is to go out to eat on Thursday to Old Chicago (no issue thus far) with us (good) and also his current girlfriend Annika.

Last night, it was humorous to hear Alex talk about kissing Annika during the day. Alex proclaimed that couples do that after walking to class and then, as a part of saying "good-bye", they kiss. Karen was in shock and in awe upon hearing this. "Couples do that?!?"

I found myself nodding. In high school, especially sophomore year, I remember walking to class with my girlfriend and kissing her before we diverged to go to our separate classes. I remember walking to practice - me to swim practice, her to basketball practice - and kissing her before we diverged. That was the culture. We held hands and spent precious moments together.

No comments: