Monday, March 14, 2016

Two Drummer Wanted Ads

From the Iowa City Craigslist Musician's page: (I responded and hope something materializes...)

I need a drummer!

I am a guitar player/harmonica player/singer/ other instrument player. I have been doing open mic night sets in IC and have a gig or two lined up going out into the summer and could really use a chill drummer for some acoustic/ quieter electric sets. I have probably about an hour or two of material ready currently. Let me know if you would be interested, I'm open to ideas, songs, whatever. I NEED A DRUMMER!!!!!

From the Chicago Craigslist Musician's page: (typos and questionable words retained...)

Non-homeless ('cause I'm married) , semi non-broke drummer for sale (Northwest Indiana)

He is a 40 something percussionist with a lot of experience.... some of it even in playing the drums. He is (semi) free to a good home under these conditions:

You must be willing to play with him.... nobody is a perfect fit the first go round, but after 3 or so practices, he will have found your groove nicely
You must be playing a style he is looking to play.... be it blues rock, grunge, alt rock.... picture XRT or Q 101 circa 1980-2000 (though he can/will play the classics and newer stuff)
He has pro gear, and no issues traveling to practice (preferably in the NWI area)
He is bathed twice a week, feed once a day.... on poptarts and coffee.
He knows he's the "World's OKest drummer", and is just looking to play out and earn a bit of pocket money... not tour the world.
He is very special (but not "special")

Really, if you've read THIS far, heres the run down. He's a decent drummer, likes a wide variety of music, and is looking for like minded musicians... he would like to play out on occasion, and have some connections to get in to some places.... just need a band, or like minded musicians to join up with. (And so I can get him oitta the house now and then)

No comments: