Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Choking on the Illogical Part 2

I know an Iowa State Trooper. He doesn't tell me many stories about what he does on a daily basis, but he did tell me this. There is a staggering number of police officers that are killed doing their job across the country and there is no outrage about it. He heard a speaker propose this scenario. Let's say there are 1000 police officers killed each year. What if there were 1000 teachers killed each year? What if there were 1000 government officials each year because they were simply doing their job? Would there be outrage? For my argument, let's assume "yes, there'd be outrage." Where is the outrage regarding the number of police officers killed each year?

On the way home from Elkader, I'm told a driver cut off this Iowa State Trooper as he was pulling his camper home in a no passing zone. When he got to town, he saw the car that had done it parked in a Casey's. I'm told the Iowa State Trooper stopped and issued her a ticket to the tune of ~$400. I can only imagine the look on the driver's face when she realized that she had been caught doing what she had done and thought there would be zero repercussions for doing it.

Let's be careful out there people. Don't get dead!

No comments: