Sunday, April 30, 2017

Tired but A Good Job Done

On Saturday, I was awake at 5:45 AM. I left to get in line for the annual North Liberty Spring Clean-Up Day with my Ford F-150 partially full of junk. I was the fourth person in line at 6:20 AM. The gate opens at 7 AM. I was unloaded by 7:15 AM and returned home. I putzed around on the laptop, desperately trying to do the following:
  1. Finish the April volume / section of the 10 year project
  2. Rip additional CDs on Spindle #18
At 8:15 AM, I was off again to a retreat at church (St. Thomas More) that lasted from 9 - 12. I talked to my friend Jim after the retreat and got home at 12:30. I made a sandwich and watched some M*A*S*H* and Roseanne on TV.
At 2 PM, Alex returned home from his shift at Fareway. By about 2:25, we were in the Ford F-150 & on the way to Cedar Falls to get Megan's furnishings and clothes from her dorm room. It was about 5:00 when we were done with that task. We went to Burger King for supper.
After dropping Megan off back at her dorm, I filled up the truck with gas and then headed home.
On the way home, we listened to Metallica's Hardwired to Self-Destruct album. Also, Alex and I discussed his speech for his class. He was scheduled to give his speech on Thursday but, as of Friday, we learned he has to have knee surgery on Thursday. I strongly urged him to be prepared for giving his speech on Tuesday since he will miss Thursday and the following Tuesday is his last class and there is a final test.
When we got home, we unloaded the F-150 with Megan's stuff. I needed to take a break so I sat down about 8:30 PM and wrote this post. I will go finish putting Megan's stuff away soon when I finish this post. It's tricky because I don't want to just dump her stuff in her room because she needs to have it nice for people staying at our house on May 27th (Alex's graduation) and June 3rd (Alex's graduation party). I don't want to create a total mess.

No comments: