Monday, January 8, 2018

Who's Going to Step Up?

I use my cell phone a lot. I am quite interested in my pedometer as well as with playing Rummy 500. I could easily make the case that I'm addicted to my cell phone.

And that's why this article I just read about abstinence isn't an option for Internet addiction is just complete and utter bullshit! Of course abstinence is an option! Turn off the cell phone and put it in your safety deposit box! Give it to a trusted friend that you don't see everyday!

I think we can all agree that NO ONE was born with a cell phone in their hand, right? Thus, to me, cell phone 'addiction' is a choice more than an illness. I know it's a line that seems to be fuzzy to some, but to me, NO, IT'S NOT FUZZY! People exist on this planet without a cell phone. If I didn't have my cell phone, I wouldn't know how many steps I walked from June 2017 through December 2017.

I WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!

You can read this article if you want, but I think it's total bullshit. Internet addiction: How do you treat addiction when abstinence isn't an option?

No comments: