Sunday, January 14, 2018

Too Sweet of a Setlist

I went with Matthew on Friday night to see Serbi's band - Cocked n Loaded - at J&A Tap in North Liberty. We arrived shortly before the first set. It was great to talk to one of my oldest friends - we met in the fall of 1985 on the Kennedy High School marching band practice field. There were 4 sophomores that year - one was too preppy, one seemed like he did drugs, and then the two of us. He was the only non-family member groomsman in our wedding in August 1993 & I was a groomsman in his wedding in September 1993.

Anyways, this is the setlist they played. "From Out of Nowhere" was a great choice for an opener. I can safely say I've never heard a band in a bar play that tune.
Set 1
1) From out of nowhere
2) You've got another thing coming
3) Rock You like a hurricane
4) Breed
5) Self-Esteem
6) Little Suzi
7) Fly me courageous
8) Summer of 69
9)I don't believe in love
10) Youth gone wild
11) Cold Gin
12) Too late for love
13) You give love a bad name
14) Man in the Box
Set 2
1) Thunderstruck
2) Hang tough
3) For whom the bell tolls
4) Wasted years
5) Wild side
6) Rock of ages
7) Somebody save me
8) Sweet child of mine
9) Tears are falling
10) You're in love
11) Why I'm here
12) Shine
Set 3
1) Kickstart my heart
2) T.N.T
3) Fight for your right to party
4) Long way to love
5) Cry tough
6)Smooth up in ya
7) Breaking the chains
8) Mother
9) Heavy metal
10) I remember you
11) Crazy train
12) Smells like teen spirit

Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row



I Don't Believe in Love - Queensryche


No comments: