Thursday, January 25, 2018

Something Not Quite Right

I receive email from Gabe's Oasis, a music venue in downtown Iowa City, on a fairly regular basis and I've seen this issue before, but don't recall writing about it. I've been receiving email from Gabe's Oasis for quite a while - it was how I found out about Flotsam & Jetsam playing there because, for whatever reason, bands that play at Gabes or at The Blue Moose Tap (like Saving Abel does tonight) don't get a lot of promotion in the newspaper or on radio.

Back to the email, there seems to be something automated in the content of the email and, in this case, there seems to be duplicate records for the upcoming "Crazy Town" concert on February 22nd as it is listed twice.


In the first record, it states that "Metro Concerts Live Presents" but not in the second record. In the first record, the band "Davey Suicide" is in blue text whereas in the second record, it looks the same as "Crazy Town". In the first record, bands called "TV Cop" and "To the Surface" are listed, but they are not listed in the second record. In the first record, it says "5:00 PM" whereas in the second record, it says "Doors: 5:00 PM / Show: 6:00 PM".

I really don't have any skin in this game - I just use the email to review the bands that are scheduled for bands I would want to see. I am happy to see that "Black Hilt" is one of the bands that is opening for "Crazy Town" as I enjoyed their set when I watched them open for Flotsam & Jetsam not too long ago.

No comments: