Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Cena Calls Out UT

So, I'm reading this article about Monday Night Raw last night (which I didn't watch) and at the bottom of the article - Cena Challenges The Undertaker at WrestleMania, Rips Ego - I read this:

Cena's promo is likely to elicit a strong response from The Undertaker, and he may have bitten off more than he can chew at WrestleMania.

Now, I know that even for a mark (a smart fan) like me, I can sometimes forget that WWE is scripted.

So, let me translate this the following:

Cena's promo is likely to elicit a strong response from The Undertaker, and he may have bitten off more than he can chew at WrestleMania.

because it threw me a bit.

There will be a match between John Cena & the Undertaker at Wrestlemania in less than a month. The Undertaker is likely to show up on (at least) one Monday Night Raw between now and then in order to respond to John Cena's comments. If WWE were "smart," they would put the Undertaker in a tag team match where the opponents have to be tag team partners and there is a stipulation that compels "enemies" to work together. The totally IDEAL match, then, would be Roman Reigns & Brock Lesnar v. John Cena & The Undertaker. To make it even more special, if it were me writing that episode, I'd have the entire Raw locker room watch from the stage. I'd have the Undertaker make his entrance by walking between the wrestlers on the stage and script it so Braun Strowman is standing where The Undertaker has to walk past him.

Speaking of Braun Strowman, since he's not fighting Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar or John Cena or The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, WWE put him into a tag team battle against all the other tag teams on the Raw roster. As you might expect, Strowman decimated the other WWE wrestlers and "won" the match by himself. By definition, a tag team has two wrestlers so who will Braun Strowman's tag team partner be when the Bar (Sheamus & Cesaro) face Braun Strowman @ Wrestlemania? My pick would be Elias, especially since Strowman & Elias have been battling each other lately. I think it would be really fun to see Strowman in a tag team setting. I know they want to make Strowman an unstoppable monster, but it would still be fun.

No comments: