Friday, March 2, 2018

My Favorite Kind

This email arrived earlier this week and I had it on my list of posts I wanted to write. It's from a friend of mine I used to work with at a previous employer:

Today I received a word document to help some one with the Table of Contents . A simple Table of Contents with three heading levels was needed, but every time the existing TOC was refreshed all headers were lost. So I asked them to send the document to me. As I realized the issue, ...... no style, all formatting was done manually, even the TOC, and of course the bullets and numbering. I ended up defining the styles, and asked them to create a template. Sounds familiar?

My response:

Too familiar...

That said, I'm actually jealous my friend got this type of project - it's my favorite kind!

No comments: