Monday, May 21, 2018

Don't Agree

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/13-Reasons-Why-premiere-canceled-after-Texas-shooting-483080931.html

Sorry, but I don't agree with this decision.

The series is FICTION!!

Life and death are serious things, make no mistake. At the same time, I am not sure canceling the red carpet event brought the victims back. Oh wait, it doesn't.

I watched the first season. The description in the article reads like the author is regurgitating what others have said, not firsthand experience.

I think it's incredibly difficult to criticize or label something that I have never seen. I can say that I don't think I will like something but I don't think that I can judge it without seeing it.

I think that if the answer to an a$$hole killing people is to not show TV, that a$$hole has won.

I think that this is a temporary gesture that has no substance. For example, after 9/11 - yes, I know it was a terrorist attack - there were certain songs that were not played on the radio, such as Drowning Pool's "Bodies" because it was deemed to be insensitive to the victims of that attack. Is that song played on the radio now? Yep. Why? Is it no longer insensitive to play it? Have the victims grieved "long enough" so that it can be played without a bunch of people saying it is insensitive? Yep. If the people behind cancelling the premier were really trying to be sensitive, they would remove the series from Netflix. And I liked the first season of the show! If it's insensitive today, then it is tomorrow and until the end of time, right? Right?!?

No comments: