Friday, May 25, 2018

Easy

https://medium.com/@kesiparker/who-is-a-technical-writer-7e6e02f22b10

The author's bio for the above article is this:
I’m Freelance Technical Writer. My goal is to help beginners and show them that technical writing may be easy.

The author's bio states "My goal is to help beginners and show them that technical writing may be easy."

It made me pause and ask myself if I think technical writing is 'easy'?

I do.

I like to write.

I like techie stuff.

My career has been a combining those two interests into a way to provide food, shelter, and an education (I have 2 kids in college).

There have been days when I have stared at a blank screen, unsure of where to start. There have been days when I struggled with to understand a new tool or technology to do what I wanted it to do.

However, when I think about my career thus far, I do enjoy what I do and because I enjoy it, I do think it is easy. That easiness is the output of many years of doing similar tasks for over 20 years. It is why I plan to finish my 'work' career as a technical writer in 6514 days, which is when I reach my target of reaching 20 years of service at my current employer.



No comments: