Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Okay and this Means What Exactly...

Today, I was confronted with this message when I logged in to Blogger:


"What the hell is OpenID?!?" I was curious and so I clicked the Learn More link.

Big mistake!


I saw this page:



In theory, I realize this page https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/Wuem4GoXYXo likely was created to offer hope to users like me who want to read information about OpenID but that theory is severely lacking in execution since I still have no idea what OpenID means to me specifically.

Apparently, I'm not alone, judging by this comment:


I also clicked the Google Takeout link, hoping to read more about it, but I had to click another link to end up here https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en so I clicked Back. I noticed a Blogger section. I have multiple blogs on Blogger but this is the only one I update regularly so I saw no sense in backing up all of my blogs. I selected the Select blogs option button.


When I clicked Blogs to select this specific blog, I saw this unhelpful window instead of a list of my blogs:


I get how Google has the world by the balls as far as being the number one thing going on in technology, but given my interactions with their site today, it's clear to me they are lacking in user experience expertise.

No comments: