Friday, March 15, 2019

Embrace the Chaos

Life is sweet for my friend Matthew. Not only is he writing articles and communicating information that, frankly, whooshes over my head - for example, Migrating to the Cloud is Chaotic. Embrace it, it feels like every time I read his writing, I pick up subtle techniques I feel like I should adapt into my writing. For example, there's this blurb that he wrote on LinkedIn:
His first 3 sentences are 3 words each. It's a great hook. Simple sentences. Then he bumps the word count to 7 in the 4th sentence. It goes to 18 words in the 5th. I believe that's the secret sauce to Matthew's writing style. The first 3 sentences suck me in because they are short and setting the stage. Then, comes the 7 words, then the 18. It's like a staircase taking me to his point.

Editor's Note: Matthew also has this article https://www.gremlin.com/blog/avoiding-problems-when-the-clocks-change on the website.

No comments: