Tuesday, March 12, 2019

I Was Supposed to Be in Indy Last Night

Once upon a time, I thought spring break for the kids was this week - starting on Friday, March 8, 2019. When I thought that, I thought that we would go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH. I thought if we were on the road to Cleveland, OH, we certainly would need to stop in Indy to see Metallica.

Well, here's the 'modern' thought. Spring break for the kids is not THIS week. It starts on Friday, March 15, 2019. Thus, I was not in Indy last night.

In either case, this is what Metallica played:
  1. Hardwired
  2. Atlas, Rise!
  3. Seek & Destroy
  4. Ride the Lightning
  5. The Unforgiven
  6. Now That We’re Dead
  7. Creeping Death
  8. For Whom the Bell Tolls
  9. Here Comes Revenge
  10. Indiana medley of the Zero Boys’ “Vicious Circle” and “Amphetamine Addiction” and John Mellencamp’s “I Need a Lover” performed by Rob Trujillo and Kirk Hammett
  11. Hit the Lights
  12. Fuel
  13. Moth Into Flame
  14. Sad But True
  15. One
  16. Master of Puppets
  17. Encore
  18. Fight Fire with Fire
  19. Nothing Else Matters
  20. Enter Sandman
Compared to the setlist I heard when I saw them in Newton, IA, ignoring where tunes were placed in the setlist, I see these differences between Newton, IA, and Indy, IN:
  1. "Hit the Lights" not "Whiplash"
  2. "Ride the Lightning" not "Fade to Black"
  3. "Creeping Death" not "Wherever I May Roam"
  4. "Fight Fire with Fire" replaced "Blackened"
  5. "Here Comes Revenge" not "Halo on Fire"
I would gladly take "Whiplash," "Ride" would trump "Fade", "Death" would trump "Roam", "Blackened" would trump "Fire", and "Halo" or "Revenge" is a wash - both are great choices.


No comments: