Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I Used to Love JB

Amazon pegged me!

I remember "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and its main character - Peter - vividly!

I remember reading other Judy Blume books when I was in elementary school.

I remember there were other Judy Blume books in the Pierce Elementary library on Marilyn Drive (off of 42nd Street in Cedar Rapids, IA). I used to go into the Pierce Elementary library every morning and find a joke to tell Mrs. Hawkins, the woman who sat at the check-out desk. Later, when I worked at the Spring House restaurant, I worked with Mrs. Hawkins' son, Kris.

I digress. These are the Judy Blume books I remember:
  1. Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great
  2. SuperFudge (which was a sequel to "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing") 
  3. Are You There God? It's Me Margaret

I don't recall reading "Are You There God? It's Me Margaret", but I likely did. I remember it had to do with Margaret's character achieving puberty. It is a classic book, but don't take my word for it: the hilarious Deadpool even referenced it in a not-so-subtle Easter egg. Yes, I did catch the reference when I first watched "Deadpool", but I wouldn't have felt bad if I had not - there were so many Easter eggs in that movie!

Anyways, no, I'm not going to purchase "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" even though Amazon pegged me with the recommendation.


No comments: