Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Introducing Capstan

Capstan is opening for Bayside when Bayside plays in Omaha, NE, on 12/22/19. In the fringe scenario when I actually make it to the Cornhusker state on 12/22/19, I should know what I am likely to hear.



Lyrics for the above:

LYRICS: She always seems to color me the only shade she couldn't see. I am transparent I am a ghost. A grain of sand on the Sunshine Coast. And I woke up today and figured I'd burn everything that made me think of you. And the saddest part is I was left with nothing by the time that I was through. You had me like the first breath of a Midwest autumn evening. As the sunset fades to cold air to freeze the evergreens. So can we take some time to redefine what it is you thought you'd find. Because when you left that night, you left me behind. I woke up today and figured I'd burn everything that made me think of you. And the saddest part is I was left with nothing. You were fibers in the thread that stitched demons in my head. The reason I'll drink on my own tonight instead. I never thought three beautiful words would have a grip so tight. You crippled my throat. She always seems to color me the only shade she couldn't see. I am transparent. Transparent as a ghost.dii

That was good, but I think I like the tune below slightly more.



Lyrics for the above:

This condition persists I feel the weight of the times From the top of my skull Down the back of my spine It never ceases to remind I’m in dire need of being realigned The lack of hope, resonates I’ve been trapped by the pressure Of force fed lies and uncertain futures Grab a hold of what you can, and hold dear Before it goes and all just disappears Such sweet entropy, it’s comforting As the world crashes in on me Admire all beauty in its brevity I promised myself “just live for the day”, our bodies and bones are built to wither away Buildings with steel skeletons Become ash and decay Forever learning that the clock will never wait Such sweet entropy, it’s comforting As the world crashes in on me Admire all beauty in its brevity All we’ve ever built will one day rust It’s comfortingAll that is sought, soon gone at once The test of time cannot be passed Everything degrades nothing’s made to last Be present in every fleeting second Before it all becomes the past And if existence is meaningless Then maybe this somber thought is freeing us Such sweet entropy, it’s comforting As the world crashes in on me Admire all beauty in its brevity All we’ve ever built will one day rust It’s comforting All that is sought, soon gone at once

No comments: