Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Resolving Issues

I had technical difficulties on Monday but I either took action to fully resolve the difficulty or took action to work to fully resolve the difficulty.
  1. I noticed that where the cord goes into my cell phone looked like it had seen better days. As a result, my cell phone hovered between 0% and 5% and wouldn't charge. Thus, during my lunch hour, I decided that I needed to get a new charging cord. I went to the US Cellular store by the Coral Ridge Mall and, after waiting at least 10 minutes, the "Customer Relations Representative" suggested that since all I needed was a cord, I might get on my way faster (my words, not hers) if I went to the US Cellular kiosk in the Coral Ridge Mall. I accepted that advice and went to the US Cellular kiosk in the Coral Ridge Mall, which is where I purchased the USB cord that is currently charging my cell phone!
  2. I noticed that where the cord goes into the back of one of my EHDs with 4 TB capacity looked loose. This is the EHD assigned to the letter G: and it is my primary EHD. The master copy of my files resides on G: so this was a big enough deal to prompt me to go to Best Buy during lunch and pick up a 5 TB EHD so I could create a backup of it. This screenshot shows its status today at 6 AM.

No comments: