Thursday, October 6, 2022

Headline Writing 101

The headline writer has an odd sense of what is important at the https://blabbermouth.net/ website. Case in point, the headline about John Cooper doesn't need "Jesus-Loving" in the headline. Why not just write SKILLET's Jesus-Loving Frontman JOHN COOPER: 'I Never Understood The Roots Of Rebellion In Rock And Roll'? The headline for the Lamb of God story is plucked from this paragraph - I made the headline source bold in the quote below:
LAMB OF GOD bassist John Campbell spoke to Australia's Heavy about the band's upcoming album, "Omens", which will arrive this Friday (October 7). He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I'm excited to finally get it out there. We recorded it back in February. We were working on it well before that. I think it's our best record ever, as I do with every one, 'cause we constantly try to outdo ourselves and I feel like somehow we do it every time. And this record is no different."

Obviously, "our best record ever" is not the full thought. He goes on to say, "as I do with every one" which is what I thought every band says when preparing to release a new album.

I had forgotten that the Lamb of God album Omens is being released tomorrow - I know what I will be listening to during my morning walk.

No comments: