Tuesday, October 4, 2022

This is what I'll Play on 10-28

As of right now, these are the drums I will play when my band Bad Rumor takes the stage at Checkers on Friday, October 28, 2022, from 7 PM - 10 PM.

These drums are a recent acquisition from Bill, whose son Isaac played drums and, when Isaac left for seminary, he left his drums in Bill's house. Bill asked if I knew anyone who would want Isaac's drums back in May, but it wasn't until September 14 until I brought Isaac's drums to my basement. 

After I took the above picture, I realized that the hi-hat by the floor tom is at a really odd angle and to keep the ride cymbal at the low flat angle I like, I had to choose. Also, the crash cymbal by the floor tom is also not really needed if I am removing the hi-hat by the floor tom. Finally, on the hi-hat by the snare, I had put an upside down splash cymbal. However, when I played it, I could feel the vibration in my foot so I'm not going to use it.

Tentatively and hopefully, we will rehearse on Saturday, October 8, 2022, at Brian's house in Norway from noon-ish > 3ish. It may be our only rehearsal, outside of the weekly jam session at Whiskey Jo's on Wednesday nights. I will not be at Whiskey Jo's tomorrow night, but I plan to be there each of the remaining Wednesday nights in October, leading up to the 10-28 gig.

I'm certain I will continue to post about playing in Bad Rumor as the 10-28 gig approaches.

No comments: