Monday, October 17, 2022

Is Ivan Moody going to retire?

5,350,000 results in .68 seconds when I used google.com to search the Internet with these 3 words: ivan moody retirement


 Obviously, it's a huge story on the Internet as well as for me in my own little bubble.


https://youtu.be/ OVqC1OddNwk

I have seen Five Finger Death Punch several times in concert, dating back to when I drove to Waterloo and saw them at the Cattle Congress grounds with Sevendust and ... it was a band that I had never seen before but when I thought about them, I envisioned the drummer playing a huge double bass drum set but he only had a single kick drum... I'll think of the band when I least expect to do so... 

Editor's Note: see https://prhmusic.blogspot.com/2018/12/why-we-missed-hatebreed-who-suck-anyways.html 

plus, more than once at the US Cellular Center, most recently sharing the bill with Breaking Benjamin... even though I don't have that show listed on my Concerts page - I only have the 2015-10-02 Five Finger Death Punch - Papa Roach - In This Moment - From Ashes to New - Concert in Cedar Rapids concert listed... I need to research this as I know it's not right. Anyways, Five Finger Death Punch's tour will bring them to Des Moines, IA, on Wednesday, December 7, 2022, with Brantley Gilbert, a country artist as an opening act - here's some videos of BG in concert:



Cory Marks is also listed as an opening band... and, sure, all of that is fine. I think there is too much division when it comes to "what genre can tour with another genre" - for example, metal and rap bands have been known to tour together and it comes down to making a choice. Do I want to sit through an opening act like Cypress Hill in order to see Slipknot? That was a choice back in May 2022 and no, I couldn't bear the thought of what that would do to my stomach, regardless of the fact that I know Cypress Hill is a legendary artist.

No comments: