Thursday, February 5, 2009

100 Mile Day

I drove 100 miles today.
My day started with driving Megan to her derm appt in Coralville.
Then I drove to Regina to drop her off.
Then I drove to work in CR.
Worked from 9-ish to 12-ish
Then I drove to Swisher to drop off our taxes.
Then I drove to the banks by Westdale to do some business.
Then I drove through the BK drive-thru.
Then I drove back to work by 1-ish.
Worked from 1-5.
Then I drove to North Liberty to get Megan's prescription.
Then I drove to Trendz in IC where the kids and Karen were getting their haircuts.
Then I drove Alex back home.

That is when I checked the trip gauge and saw that I had driven just over 100 miles today. I know this because I put gas in the truck this AM and reset the trip tracker gizmo.

Now I am home for the evening. Finally.

Alex is going to bed @ 8. Grey's and Private Practice have a crossover episode, but ER is new too. I'm voting ER.

Work has been such that I haven't felt compelled to sit in front of a PC @ night. It is crazy busy. There have been some 'victories' as far as assembling the Mass Release that I need to complete tomorrow.

I got the install and update .exe files created and the bulk of stuff for one of the other CDs. I walked through the .exe files that are on the CD with my manager watching so she could see the correct files are being distributed. We also verified that the version in the documentation matches the version of the software that is slated to go on the CD.

I have 3 CDs x 49 to make. I use a 7 tray CD burner. I have the 49 CDs for each CD broken out. I have all the CD labels printed and all of the memos that have to be sent with the CDs printed.

Tomorrow, I need to assemble all three CDs - I'm waiting for my co-worker to finish some work so I can do some final prep for it and burn one of the CDs.

I am hoping that by noon, all CDs are burned. Then, I will need to put the CDs into envelopes and get the packaging done. Then we deliver them to the Front Desk, who ships them out.

If there is still enough time in the day, I may actually get to work on some documentation. It's not likely, though. I have other things that have a higher priority - mainly cleanup from the update that needs to be done - that will take at least a couple of days next week. I will not get 40 hours to work on doc unless I work additional hours, which may need to be done.

The only thing is, though, that the next release's online Help is to be cut 2/13/9. Those of you paying attention to this blog know that I have work scheduled out to June. And I'm going to get it all done by Friday, 2/13/9. I'm not counting on it. There is no way to get nearly 800 hours of work done within 120 hours, though. The 120 comes if you consider 5 days x 24 hours.

So that's not going to happen. It's 7:00, I'm hungry, and posting this.

No comments: