Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SDLC

From Techwr-l today:
From: CL T
"Agile/XP is one of those "things" you either DO or do not. It doesn't work"half-assed". Stories are the key to everything.
Documentation is simply one of the stories. As for the writer being left out of the loop? That's why I always advise "get your foot in as many doors as early as possible". Even though TechWriters have been around a while, there still seems to be a need for Training. Companies, developers, engineers, managers, etc. need to know how to work with us from time to time. Documentation and knowledge of products does not appear by magic or osmosis."
Really? I wholeheartedly agree.
Got an e-mail today from my (cool) manager about a project that is coming up. She forwarded the requirements doc to everyone in the dept. Not more than two hours later, I got an e-mail message from a Support Team Lead, asking if there was any doc for the same project. Now, this project isn't even in programming yet - as far as I know - so there is nothing to document. I've often imagined having doc ahead of programming - instead of being 1000+ hours behind, but that's crazy!

No comments: