Tuesday, February 10, 2009

C v JS

BAMM!!!

That thud was the revelation by my friend Phil that Joe Satriani - guitar legend - is suing Coldplay because Coldplay has a song that sounds a lot like Satriani's song. For a technical breakdown of this issue, here's a guy who may or may not know a lot about the guitar. Remember, I'm a drummer - look up to the top of this blog for a reminder - so my guitar theory is zilch. Here's a summary:
|
Joe Satriani is suing Coldplay for music plagiarism for the Verse section of their song, "Viva La Vida," - claiming that the Chorus of his 2005 song, "If I Could Fly," has the same; melody, harmony & rhythm.

Satriani's Lawsuit states, "substantial original portions," of his 2005 instrumental piece, "If I Could Fly," were copied. The copyright infringement suit was filed in Los Angeles federal court on December 4. Satriani has asked for:

1). A Jury trial.
2). Damages.
3). Profits from Viva La Vida.

|








So I thought, "Enough guitar mumbo jumbo! Where's the double bass?" So I found this:





and called it a wrap.

No comments: