Sunday, February 8, 2009

Two Masses Never Hurt Anyone & Big Shot

I am going to Mass for the second time this weekend today @ 11. Megan spent the night at a friend's house so I am picking her up @ 10 and then taking her to 11 Mass. We went last night to 5:15 and, of course, I jammed out by playing. We played "Sing of the Lord's Goodness" and it's in 5/4. I spent much of my spare time trying to get more familiar with the rhythm of that song and when we played it, I was the most comfortable I've ever been playing in 5/4. I wasn't mimicking the piano rhythm - I was actually playing closer to what Joe Morello did in "Take Five." I also played well with the other songs - it was a good gig.

We have always liked the original "Beethoven" movie. I have seen the 1st sequel, and that was okay, but then I lost track of it. There's a brand new movie out and we rented it last night. It started out really lame, but eventually, tied into a story about making a movie about a dog. The movie was first going to be about a white foo-foo dog, but that dog gets dog napped so they hold an open audition. Beethoven wrecks the set and the director and producer love it. That sets up a plot line where the movie is going to be about Beethoven. What eventually happens is that the film becomes a film about filming the very first Beethoven movie.

I still fell asleep because I was tired but that's beside the point.

No comments: