Saturday, February 21, 2009

I was a PPP last night

Regina had their pre-Gala at the gym. Before that, we met up with some couples we know at the Blackstone restaurant. I played one game of pool while we waited for the others to arrive. I was a PPP (Pitiful Pool Player). The first ball I knocked down the hole? The 8 ball. It was pathetic. I was embarassed. After that, I couldn't establish a flow to my shots. I missed way too many easy shots.

After that debacle, I had a delicious grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon on it, plus some seasoned french fries. The Miller Lite pints tasted very good too.

The pre-Gala was fine. You walk around and socialize with your friends and donate money to the school. They serve adult beverages as well as lots of donated snacks.

We left a little after 9. The kids had put themselves in bed - not requiring a babysitter has its perks - and after checking on them, we watched the last part of "Revenge of the Nerds." I had forgotten that Dr. Mark Greene was in that movie.

Today, Karen is going to bake for the bake sale that is happening tomorrow @ church. The purpose of the bake sale is to raise money for an electronic drumset that will be used in our new building. The advantage of electronic drums is that you can hook them into the sound system. The biggest problem I have playing drums @ Mass is that I can only hear the piano. Keith, our bassist, has his amp facing out towards the congregation so I can't really hear him. The speaker that the vocalist come out of is pointed at the congregation so I can't hear them either. I am planning to play drums tonight @ 5:15 Mass after taking last week off while our Music Director was visiting friends in Texas.

It's actually kind of an easy weekend for us. Alex and Megan have their piano recital on Sunday - they have to be there @ 1 and the actual recital is @ 2 - and then I have a meeting @ church from 6:30-8:30.

No comments: