Saturday, February 7, 2009

List & Not *my* Good-bye, but one I have to Acknowledge

My list @ work is 108 entries long with 1000 hours. I am now scheduled through the week of 7/27/09. Keep in mind, though, that schedule does not include any UI development time.

As a matter of fact, I did not work on documentation for more than a few minutes this week as I worked feverishly to get the update out the door. I burned 49 x 3 CDs on Friday, plus put labels on all of them. Then my manager and I assembled them into envelopes to go out the door.

I spent the last part of the day releasing UI changes and trying to get organized. On Monday, I have UI changes to make that have to be released on Friday, 2/13. I also have to prepare for the next update's 'cut' of help which won't have much more in it than what is done now.

We all got an e-mail message yesterday, stating that one of our fellow employees is no longer an employee. My ex-co-worker and I had been working together for the 10 years I've been at my employer. Previously, he worked with me at my first TWing job. He was in Sys Admin then and, to date me, he'd be excited because he freed up a few more MB so that my Windows 3.1 PC would run a bit faster. He was scheduled to receive his 10 years of service recognition last night but since he was dismissed, he didn't come. I am bummed that I won't see him @ work. I hope he lands on his feet. I had lunch with him in the break room on Thursday and, over the years, we went to lunch several times. Prayers are being offered for him.

I'm taking my godson to Planet X today. I am to leave my house by 9 and it's 8:05. Should be a good day. I will be gone from 9-3:30. Tonight is 5:15 Mass, followed by supper. Tomorrow, it seems hard to believe, but the only thing on the schedule is Alex's basketball practice from 6-7.

Gotta go.

No comments: