Sunday, February 14, 2016

Foolish O'Malley

More and more, I really think Martin O'Malley shouldn't have dropped out of the Democratic nomination process. Seriously. Regurgitating what I've theorized previously, here's why:
  1. I really don't believe Bernie Sanders can be elected.
    • Bernie Sanders will earn an income after he leaves Congress, whether he is elected president or not. If he really wanted to get rid of the "rigged" economy he touts in his speeches, why doesn't he include eliminating all the fringe benefits - such as health care and other benefits he will receive after he leaves - in his stump speeches? Both Sanders and I know why. It's a lot like electing a fox to run the chicken coop. Do you really think there will be any "anti-fox" rules? Start being honest about how good you have it at my expense.
    • Years ago, he publicly supported the idea that anyone with over $1,000,000 has too much. Really? If you work hard, drive a used car, make double mortgage payments, and get lucky with your 401(k) and other investments, you have too much money? You should be able to earn whatever you can in the world and then, if you choose, you can donate whatever amount you want to whomever you want. Disclaimer: I don't have $1,000,000 so I'm not writing this because I'm trying to protect my savings.
  2. I really don't believe Hillary Clinton can be elected.
    • She wants to meddle in the business world. She wants to control the price that companies set for their product, especially the pharmaceutical companies. She seems irate that a business can determine what dollar amount the goods and services a business provides / offers. What if I were my own technical writing company and I charged $300 / hour for my work. Who is she (or the government) to say that my rate is outrageously high and that I should charge less than that? Does she not realize that if I charge $300 / hour for my work and I'm still in business that someone sees my value as being $300 / hour because they are willing to pay my rate? She needs to watch the TV show "Shark Tank" and learn. A business is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You may have a $1,000,000 idea but if someone / anyone will pay you $1,000 then that is your value. If you charge $1,000,000 and you don't get anyone to pay that price, you have nothing.
    • What the hell is going on with her private email server? Her reasoning that she did this for "convenience" tells me that she puts her own needs ahead of the needs of the country. Didn't she have to promise to do her job duties? When you are paid to keep the nation's best interest in mind, you do that regardless of what is convenient for you. You are not only safeguarding the information that is vital to the national security of our country, you are also safeguarding me and my family. And, in further light of not knowing about the economy, the Secretary of State position comes with a big salary. As I've documented on this blog, article after article comes out that pokes holes in her explanation. Here's one from yesterday.
    • Kevin Bonner wrote a lengthy rant about Hillary Clinton - read it here.
That takes me to O'Malley. When the DNC sees that neither Sanders nor Clinton are electable, O'Malley would be there to swoop in. His policies wouldn't have had the same scrutiny as the policies and ideas of Sanders and Clinton, but he would be the DNC's only option.

No comments: