Sunday, February 14, 2016

Free Online Storage

Using google.com, I did a query to find free online backups. I came to this article and on page 2, I read about Hive:

Details: It’s free and unlimited, but it does come with catches. First, it’s ad-supported. Second, there are no desktop or mobile apps, so users have to access Hive directly through the website and while sharing is allowed, users must pay for HD stream sharing and customers can only share with other Hive users. Paid plans start at $8 per month, which allows for HD streaming and removes ads.

Awesome! That sounds perfect. I click the link and I see that Hive was shut down. Within the comments, though, was a link to Good Cloud Storage. While the site comes across as more focused on marketing and selling the reader on services, with a critical mind, there's good information.

No comments: