Thursday, October 20, 2016

Documenting the Questions

This is a selfish post - its purpose is solely to remind my future self what I asked Adobe regarding linking to Word documents from RoboHelp.
|
I am using RoboHelp 2015.

I have questions about this help topic - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS0EFF88A0-6406-4175-A5C3-C5633D01D0C3.html#WSD2673D9E-344B-4088-B315-DD90ED4EFF8E – and this related blog post - http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2012/01/importing-and-linking-word-documents-in-robohelp.html - in relation to linking to Word documents.
  1. I am going to be linking to 16 Word documents on a network drive. What I wanted to do was set up two separate folder structures – one called Sections (for the general information) and one called Systems (for the 16 Word documents). Is setting up folders within the Project Manager a good strategy?
  2. If I drag the Word document to a sub-folder, RoboHelp is still “linking” to the network folder, correct?
  3. I have learned that when I create a folder through RH, it creates the folder in my RH projects directory. The other thing that I’m trying to set up is the ability to drag the “Disaster_Recovery_Documentation” folder (shown below) to my TOC designer to automatically create the TOC based upon the folder structure.
  4. What does the green icon mean that is next to the “Cardiac Monitoring System – Xcelera.docx” file? Where can I see an explanation of icons like that one in the online Help?
|
I hope to get some information sooner than later...

No comments: