Friday, October 28, 2016

Get Past Your Past

I get a daily email with a "thought for today" and today's - https://www.thoughtfortoday.org.uk/get-past-your-past/ - is especially relevant to me. It's really ironic, in fact, that I received this specific email today.


Last night, I was rereading my journal from April 2011 through May 2011. April 2011 was a very dark time in my life - I don't like talking about it. I was in a very bad situation in my career and rereading my words from that time in my life, I was reminded of just how that dark time in my life has impacted me in very positive ways. I firmly believe every thing that happens in life happens for a reason. I know, now, that if I had never gone through that dark time, I wouldn't have landed at Pearson and if I wouldn't have landed at Pearson, I wouldn't have landed at my current job. It is hard for me to let go of the past and not doing so has damaged relationships in my life, probably beyond repair. For that aspect of the past, I am so regretful that things went as they did. But as the quote for today points out, I can't change the past so I should not waste the energy trying to do so.

No comments: